Customer Experience Associate - Part Time
Lo & Sons is a small, family-owned business founded by a mother and her two sons. Our mission is “to inspire and empower people to go places, while striving to leave a positive impact.” When Helen Lo had back issues and needed the perfect bag that kept up with her frequent travels, she set out to find it. During her search, she found the options were either too heavy, too frumpy, too tech-y, overpriced, over designed, or pocketless black holes. After watching their mother abandon yet another bag, her sons suggested she invent one herself. But as a woman in her mid-60s, she wondered how she would ever get from Point A to Point B. So eventually her sons, Jan and Derek ditched their respective day jobs in advertising and product design research (and nightly gigs as DJ’s) to help make Helen’s dream become a reality. Lo & Sons bags are thoughtfully designed to be lightweight and built without comprising functionality or style.
About Your Job
At Lo & Sons, our customer experience associates are a crucial and invaluable part of building our brand and success of the business. We pride ourselves on creating a friendly and smart CX team that helps us to develop stronger relationships with our customers and provide an amazing experience. With a growing consumer base, we need someone with much patience, empathy, attention to detail, and finds passion in their work to embrace the challenges and opportunities of growing with our team and with our company.
- Deliver exceptional customer service through phone, email, live chat, social media messages, and in-person interactions
- Respond and manage customer service inquiries with patience and kindness
- Address any concerns and finding creative solutions to difficult problems
- Process returns and exchanges in an organized and timely fashion
- Work with warehouse and fulfillment center teams to find effective solutions
- Create and manage reports on returns and exchanges
- Develop ways to better serve our customers by streamlining our processes or coming up with new, creative ones
- Report consumer insights to all areas of the business, including our product, marketing, and operations teams
- Curiosity: we are travelers; eager to understand different perspectives and learn something new.
- Integrity: we encourage each other to be authentic, truthful and have respect for other individual’s ideas.
- Team player: we promote an environment where you can respectively express your ideas and motivate you to look towards your fellow co-workers to help you learn and grow. We have a collaborative company culture so we work and strive together as a team, regardless of role or department.
- Empathy: we believe that willingness to align with the customer and the ability to “step in their shoes” is key to providing great service and products.
- Sustainability: we strive to leave a positive impact, from the factories we work with to the materials we use.
- 1-2 years of prior work experience (preferred)
- Undergraduate degree (preferred)
- Passion for our brand and products
- Customer orientation that is positive, energetic, kind, sincere, patient and adaptable
- Eagerness and a drive to learn
- Interest in relating to different parts of the business (like product development, marketing, etc.)
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Extreme attention-to-detail
- Ability and confidence to think on the fly and prioritize tasks/responsibilities
- Knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Excel, Word, and Google Drive/Docs
- Commuter benefits
- Sick leave
- Simple IRA